Front Desk Legal Secretary
This small law firm specializing in immigration law is seeking a Front Desk Legal Secretary to manage a number of key task for a small team of lawyers.
Key responsibilities include
- Welcoming prospective clients and visitors to the office
- Communicates with internal and external clients, principals and team.
- Investigates and responds to client requests.
- Answers phones and managing call flow
- Handles correspondence, written and electronic.
- Coordinates, compiles, organizes and sends materials to clients.
- Understands and fully utilizes word-processing functions for document preparation.
- Prepares client bills and associated cover letters for principals and sends to clients as needed.
- Maintains principals’ time.
- Maintains and updates comprehensive contact information for all principals
- Maintains filing per team, utilizing Firm filing standards
- Utilizes iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
- Open all mail (may include electronic e-mails) forwarding if applicable.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes travel & expense reports
- Prepares New Matter Reports and updates list of client/matter codes.
- Schedules meetings, reserves conference rooms and coordinates video/audio equipment.
- Manages principals’ calendars.
- High School Diploma is required.
- College is preferred
- Previous Legal Secretarial experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a high paced environment.
- Systems Required: iManage, MS Office, Elite
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Contact the recruitment team on 212 704 7380 if you would like to hear more!