As part of the compliance team you will play an integral role in the management of compliance and regulatory risk. As the AML Analyst within this team, you will be responsible for the identification and monitoring of suspicious activity and transitions for this financial institution.
Your core duties will be:
- To conduct searches, gather data and record evidence from internal systems, the internet and commercial databases
- Assess and analyze research results and conduct data analysis
- Conducting investigations using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
- Determine investigative and data analytics approach
- Follow up with additional Point(s) of Contact (POC) as needed to identify additional information in support of the case
- Compile supporting documentation and data including media and transaction including documenting review findings for management review
- Provide recommendations for SAR filing by presenting documentation to support findings
- Write and prepare Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and recommend relationship retention or termination
- Maintain your knowledge of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Responsibility to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance
To be successful you will need
- At least one year experience in reviewing customer transactions for potentially suspicious activity and performing AML related investigations.
- Knowledge of the laws applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA Patriot Act, FinCEN requirements, and SAR requirements
- Experience in reviewing KYC information for complex banking products performing analysis of customer information/transactions, conducting customer reviews
- Preparing Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) is an added bonus
- Certification in a professional association such as the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) would be helpful.
This is an excellent opportunity with an excellent compensation package for an AML specialist with one years’ experience.